Question asked on Jan. 26, 2021

Q: Dad has been absent for 8 years and is now filing to see them in Dec. and I moved to NV after responding to the filing. What would happen if I don’t show up to court?

A: You don’t mention where the proceeding is, but it is never a good idea to ignore a court hearing; you should expect that whatever the other side has requested, from contact to custody, will be granted based on your non-opposition.  You should contact counsel wherever that hearing is going to be held, and make sure someone files an opposition and appears.