Willick Law Group: Family Law & Divorce Attorneys
The Willick Law Group is a full service domestic relations firm. We provide legal support for any issue that relates to a marriage or domestic partnership. If you are in need of a lawyer for a pending domestic relations action or are considering your options and are looking for a lawyer to advise you, look no further than the Willick Law Group.
The most important asset of any relationship are your children. Custody and support are complex legal issues. The attorneys of the Willick Law Group can assist you in understanding the laws and help you in any litigation concerning your children.
Every jurisdiction is different when it comes to the procedures required in a domestic relations matter. Procedural errors can result in dire consequences to you and your family. The Willick Law Group attorneys are well versed in the procedures necessary in any court in Nevada and can not only shepherd your case to completion but give you peace of mind throughout the process.
A Qualified Domestic Relations Order (QDRO) is required for the division of any pension. Though you will hear other terms related to the division of federal pensions (COAP) or military pensions (OID), they all provide for the division required when dividing property in a domestic relations case. Very few lawyers understand these complex orders and many come to us to prepare them for their clients. If you or your spouse has a pension, and you are contemplating a divorce, call for a consultation with one of the attorneys at the Willick Law Group to ensure that there are no mistakes made during the division process.
The Willick Law Group is a leader in the legal community. Our attorneys and staff are on the cutting edge of creating and litigating the law in Nevada. There is no other law firm in the State of Nevada that has published more legal reference material, taught more legal education classes to other lawyers, or litigated more appeals concerning family law and domestic relations than the Willick Law Group. Bring your domestic relations legal issues to us for the best care and representation available.
DIVORCE IN AMERICA
of first marriages end in divorce
of 2nd marriages end in divorce
of 3rd marriages end in divorce
Frequency of Divorce
In America there is one divorce every 13 seconds.
Divorces Per Day
Divorces Per Week
Jobs with the lowest divorce rates
- Directors of Religion 5.88% 5.88%
- Clergy 5.61% 5.61%
- Transit Police 5.26% 5.26%
- Optometrists 4.01% 4.01%
- Agricultural Engineers 1.78% 1.78%
Jobs with the highest divorce rates
- Dancers / Choreographers 43.05% 43.05%
- Bartenders 38.43% 38.43%
- Massage Therapist 38.22% 38.22%
- Gaming Cage Worker 34.66% 34.66%
- Extruding Machine Operator 32.74% 32.74%
MLAW Web App for Important Information
What is it?
- MLAW Interest and Penalties Calculator is a web-based program designed to provide interest calculations for existing judgments and arrears, as well as child support penalties calculations.
Why You Need It:
- Figures interest to date on any lump sum or periodic arrears.
- Calculates child support penalty in accordance with NRS 125B.095.
- Automatically updates and accounts for all statutory interest rates to date.
- Can dramatically increase the amount of your judgment.
- Under NRS 99.040(1), the calculation and recovery of interest is required as a matter of right, is not discretionary, and only requires determination of the rate of interest, the time it commences to run, and the amount to which interest applies; the program does the work for you!
What’s New In Version 4:
- MLAW Interest and Penalties Calculator is now accessible at the office, at home, or in the courtroom via any computer or mobile device with internet capabilities.
- New and improved user interface for easier navigation and tabulation.
The Willick Law Group has well earned a reputation for meticulous and comprehensive legal writing, as well as diligent and zealous advocacy in both trial and appellate courts, and is committed to remaining the premier Family Law firm in Nevada.
Family Law, or Domestic Relations Law, includes the law of divorce, annulments, child custody, visitation, and child support, property and debt division, and alimony (spousal support), as well as paternity, guardianship, adoption, and grandparent visitation rights cases, and negotiating and drafting premarital and postnuptial agreements. Our work frequently involves pension or retirement division (including the drafting of QDROs under ERISA, and military retirement, Civil Service retirement, and State of Nevada PERS issues). Many of our cases involve interstate or international claims, including many contested jurisdiction matters, establishing or enforcing custody or support orders under the UCCJEA and UIFSA, and a number of child kidnaping cases under the Hague Convention for the recovery of internationally abducted children. As necessary, we also litigate matters related to core family law disputes, including some domestic torts, spyware and invasion of privacy claims, and collection of judgment arrears, penalties, and statutory interest.
The WILLICK LAW GROUP has an active practice in all aspects of Family Law, and has the highest (“A V”) rating in the Martindale-Hubbell Legal Directory, which has recognized the firm’s professional and ethical standing by listing us in the Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers.
We have developed this web site as a service to those seeking information, about Nevada Family Law or about our firm. We hope you find it useful. Of course, no web site, and no posted materials, can take the place of a specific analysis by informed, competent counsel, as detailed in our Legal Page.
The following pages break down the major aspects of Family Law into categories that should assist you in gathering information that will be useful to you.
Signup For Our Newsletter Today
NOTICE: THIS WEBSITE IS REGULATED BY THE NEVADA RULES OF PROFESSIONAL CONDUCT.