Question asked on Feb. 3, 2020

Q: So I got pregnant by a 23 year old but when we had met he told me he was 19 so I didn’t think much of it and I had found out he was 23 a little after I found out I was pregnant and we’re not together anymore but I want to press charges for him lying and not wanting to financially help me.

A: Short answer: it depends.  There are two aspects here — civil and criminal.  On the civil side, see the materials posted herehere, and here, and then I suggest conferring with a qualified family law specialist about matters of paternity, custody, and support.  On the criminal side, I would suggest calling Metro and making a police report, after which the outcome is no longer your responsibility.