Question asked on April 4th, 2018

Q: Can I file with an online documents service in Nevada courts?

A: Short answer, yes, but with limits.  The Nevada court would have jurisdiction over marital status (i.e., married or divorced) once one party has lived here for 6 weeks, but if the other party remained in the prior marital domicile state (GA), then the courts here would generally not get jurisdiction over issues of property division, alimony, and perhaps child custody or support.  You should look over the article “The Basics of Family law Jurisdiction,” posted here.  For more detailed advice, and to go over all alternatives, you should consult with a family law specialist.  And yes, you can file, but do NOT use some unlicensed paralegal “on line” service; they usually cause a lot more problems than they solve.  If you are determined to go it alone, the self-help center forms can be found here.