Question asked on Dec. 12, 2020

Q: I live in Nevada. My wife and I are separating and she has my car and will not give it back. She has her own vehicle but it broke down. I need it for work. She doesn’t work. I bought the vehicle before we got married. What can I do?

A: Nevada law (the Dimick case) says that pre-marital separate property is yours and no one has the ability to say or do otherwise.    You may have to file for divorce and file a motion asking for your premarital property to be returned to you; you should probably consult a qualified family law specialist.