Question asked on Aug. 15, 2020

Q: He has been in Honduras for almost 2 years waiting on his visa. He has it now but I want to be separated from him. Can I stop him from entering the house or make him leave?

A: Short answer: “no.”  His rights stem from whether he has a legal claim to the location, not his marital status to you.  If he is not on the lease, simply do not let him in.  If he has a key, you can change the locks (if permitted by your lease).  If the situation is that confrontational, however, you might be better served by a temporary protective order or an order for exclusive possession issued in a divorce action.  Either way, it is probably wise to consult a family law specialist.