Question asked on Oct 24th, 2017\

A: Pensions go by many different titles (annuities, retirement benefits, “401(k)s,” etc.)  Most union plans are “qualified” meaning that what you need is an enforcement order called a “QDRO” (Qualified Domestic Relations Order), to enforce the award made in your divorce decree.  For background, see the material posted here.  To ask specific questions to see how to get the necessary order in place and enforced, please speak with our QDRO staff, which you can reach at 702-438-4100.