Question asked on Nov. 9, 2020

Q: I am trying to fill out child support paperwork and it’s hard to understand all I need to do for it and I can’t afford to pay a lawyer to help me. So I was wondering if there is free help with it?

A: You have several options. If you cannot afford counsel, the local Pro Bono provider is the Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada, which can be called at 702-386-1070 (or see their information on the web at  Those that take pro bono cases take them after they have been screened, and assigned, by Legal Aid.  The Reduced Fee Panel sponsored by the State Bar can be reached at 702-382-2200.  Additionally, there are free consultations offered on Thursdays at the self-help center (these days, telephonically); volunteer attorneys provide 15-minute consultations, for free, on family law questions.  For those that wish to attempt self-representation, forms are available at the Clark County self-help center website, at