Question asked on Nov 13th, 2017

Q: Hello I am 18 and am trying to get full custody of my son my child’s mother abuses and sells drugs and also abuses alcohol my son has cake home with multiple bruises scratches and cuts even a busted lip I am in need of a lawyer that can get me full custody on my approved visitation I am on a budget but will do anything for my son

A: Consider calling the Nevada Bar, which maintains a list of attorneys who will take a reduced fee, through the Reduced Fee Panel.  In Southern Nevada the number is 702-382-2200; there is a Northern office as well.  Additionally, there are free consultations offered in both Las Vegas and Reno; you may have to ask the Bar about Reno schedule; volunteer attorneys provide 15-minute consultations, for free, on family law questions.  For those that wish to attempt self-representation, forms are available at the Clark County self-help center website, at; again, there should be a Northern Nevada counterpart.  If not, use the Clark County forms and modify them.