Question asked on Sept 15th, 2017

Q: My husband has his Pastor on the side providing a lawyer for him and I don’t think that that is fair especially when I just became recently unemployed and I cannot afford a lawyer. Please I am looking for a pro bono lawyer this is very easy case. I just know that having a lawyer would help me win

A: If you really cannot afford counsel, the local Pro Bono provider is the Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada, which can be called at 702-386-1070 (or see their information on the web at  Those that take pro bono cases take them after they have been screened, and assigned, by Legal Aid.  The Reduced Fee Panel sponsored by the State Bar can be reached at 702-382-2200.  Additionally, there are free consultations offered on Thursdays at the self-help center; volunteer attorneys provide 15-minute consultations, for free, on family law questions.  For those that wish to attempt self-representation, forms are available at the Clark County self-help center website, at