Question asked on Dec. 3, 2019

Q: My Daughters husband which is a mono county deputy sheriff may be filing for divorce.

A: In addition to the normal issues in any divorce, recounted here, any divorce involving someone in law enforcement necessarily involves issues relating to pension division.  We have posted several articles going over those issues here.  Really, however, while self-education is good, there is no substitute for an in-depth consultation with a qualified family law specialist.  You can attempt to get referrals from attorneys you know, or you could review posted qualifications and biographies.  The State Bar posts a list of all certified specialists here, and those attorneys who have attained Fellowship in the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers can be researched, by area, here.