Question asked on Dec 15th, 2017

Q: ive been served with a paternity summons after 11 yrs of no relationship with the child. I’m married and have two kids. would I be able to give up my parental rights in Arizona?

A: It would almost certainly be better for you to direct this question to an Arizona practitioner — the laws vary from place to place, and if that is where the case is, that is whre you need to seek assistance, even if you live here.

That said, as explained in part in the materials posted here, you could “relinquish” your rights under Nevada law, but that would not terminate your support obligations under NV law unless someone went the extra step of filing a formal termination of parental rights action and the court elected to grant it.