Question asked on: Sep 24th, 2016

Q: My grandson age 7 was recently taken from me. I raised him basically since birth, but cps said I did not have legal document. What can I do to go take him back? He was given to his father (secondary), since his mother (primary) is incarcerated — she signed temporary guardianship over to me. The father will not contact me.

A: It is possible for a “third party” (such a grandparent) to pursue guardianship, or even temporary or permanent custody of a minor child, but obviuosly the facts are critical.  For back ground and information, see here and here.  But you will probably have to confer with a family law specilist versed in these subjects — soon — if you wish to pursue custody of the child

Marshal S. Willick
Latest posts by Marshal S. Willick (see all)