Question asked on Apr 13th, 2015

Q: I have Joint custody but my ex is refusing to send my children back to me unless I grant him primary custody.

A: Your facts are a bit vague, but the usual answer if someone is in violation of a decree is to file a motion in family court; do not be bullied.  If he refuses to comply with the existing order, he could lose even joint custody.  But it wold almost certainly be wise for you to consult with a family law specialist before taking any action, so your specific paperwork and circumstances can be reviewed, and all of your options can be made clear to you.

Marshal S. Willick
Latest posts by Marshal S. Willick (see all)