Question asked on May 09th, 2017

Q: During my custody case, the judge granted me a judgement for the arrears owed on two different court appearances. I just recently found out where he works since we have no communication. One of the judgement is about to expired since it was granted in 2011. Since it was a judgment granted during the custody case do i have to renew it through the District Court or the Justice Court?

A: District (family) court, but depending on what the arrears are, there may be no statute of limitations — it was abolished for child support as of 1987.  For background, see the interest, penalties, and collections information posted here.  Then consider consulting with a family law specialist knowledgeable about collection matters, in this firm or another, very soon.

Marshal S. Willick