Question asked on May 03rd, 2015

Short answer: “no.”  Cases are not “transferable.”  If everyone has left CA, you could move to dismiss there, and re-file here.  You COULD do that even if someone remained in CA, but I can’t imagine the other side would stipulate to do so, and absent such a stipulation, there is no way to terminate the case there and re-start it here, presuming that both sides have either claims, or counterclaims, pending in the original action.

Marshal S. Willick
Latest posts by Marshal S. Willick (see all)