Question asked on Sep 24th, 2014

Q: I currently hold primary custody of my daughter. I am seeking to move out of state and the other parents has agreed. I plan to have something written up and have it signed by both of us in front of a notary. Is this enough? We are trying to avoid going back to court. Thanks!

A:  Not even notarization is required — the statute just says “written consent.”  See the explanation, statutory links, and discussion posted at:

Marshal S. Willick
Latest posts by Marshal S. Willick (see all)