Question asked on Sep 24th, 2014

Q: I have a place to live, with my best friend and his parents said I could. My parents are very controlling. And I would like to leave as soon as possible.

A: The simple answer is “of course,” but your probable ACTUAL question is “what might my parents do about it?”  So long as you are under 18, not emancipated, and with no guardianship in place, your parents could report you as a run-away.  If you are interested in alternatives, speak to someone knowledgeable about them — either a school counselor or an attorney.

Marshal S. Willick