Question asked on April 8, 2021

Q: My wife refuses to make the car payment on the car she is supposed to receive in the end of the divorce. What trouble can I get in if I sell the car before the divorce is finalized?

A: Well, lots, starting with a contempt sanction.  If she is supposed to be making the payments, and the existing order does not require her to do so, try to get such an order; if the order does require it and she is refusing, seek permission to sell the car.  Do what you can to wear the white hat — it will go a long way toward the court giving you what you want.