Question asked on Apr 08th, 2016

Adding someone as a co-owner of property is simple — just execute a quit-claim or grant, bargain, and sale deed from you to you AND him.  As to whether you want to do so, that is another question — it would appear to constitute a “transmutation” of the property — essentially a gift of half the equity, which may not be the result you will want to be true now, or sometime in the future.  See  If you are at all unsure of what you are doing or why, seek out the advice of a family law specialist before signing anything.

Marshal S. Willick