Question asked on Nov. 3, 2020

Q: Me and my girlfriend filed for custody of my nephews. A month later I found out that I got kicked out from the house where my kids and nephews lived at. And my ex won’t give me the kids back and wants to file for sole custody of the kids. I’m trying to drop my case and file against her in favor of my sister

A: Generally, a moving party can always withdraw a pending motion, by filing a simple notice of doing so (the family court self-help center may have a form).  There is an exception where the other side has filed a counter-motion, since that will proceed even if you take off your original motion. Your overall situation, however, appears too convoluted to address by email, and you really should consult a family law specialist about your plan, options, risks, and benefits.