Question asked on Aug. 31, 2019

Q: I sent videos of my ex husband smoking meth and admitting he lied to the courts to my lawyer, I hired him because my ex stated he did not sign a notary giving me full rights of my kids and it was fraud. I hired the lawyer to get the notary to prove otherwise and sent him the videos. My lawyer did nothing at all and when I called there was no reply. I called him stating I had found the notary myself and he then sent me a letter withdrawing as my lawyer. He took my money and did nothing and my exes lawyers didn’t even fact check the notary was real. I was made to be a horrible person and joint custody was given. because of this my children were abused and around meth and heroin. my ex is now going to prison for burglary probation violation and possessing meth heroin marijuana and valium. I cant afford another lawyer and my exes moms a CEO with a lot of money and trying to get my kids. I need these videos as it proves I’m correct.

A: The story and history are much too convoluted to be adequately responded to in an email.  As to the videos, try a letter to the lawyer requesting them (future note — never send your only copy of anything to anyone); if that fails, consider calling/writing the State bar of Nevada, as your file belongs to you and you have the right to its contents.  Going forward, if you really cannot afford counsel, the local Pro Bono provider is the Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada, which can be called at 702-386-1070 (or see their information on the web at  Those that take pro bono cases take them after they have been screened, and assigned, by Legal Aid.  The Reduced Fee Panel sponsored by the State Bar can be reached at 702-382-2200.  Additionally, there are free consultations offered on Thursdays at the self-help center; volunteer attorneys provide 15-minute consultations, for free, on family law questions.  For those that wish to attempt self-representation, forms are available at the Clark County self-help center website, at