Question asked on Aug. 23, 2019

Q: I live in Nevada, my boyfriend and I are going to split very soon. The only place for me to go is to my moms in Texas. Where I can find a job and start a life. My daughters father lives in Nevada. I’ve heard that he can consider it kidnapping if I leave with her. I plan on telling him and trying to get his consent but if he doesn’t give it can I still take her without his permission?

A: Short version, no, you can’t leave without either consent of the other adjudicated/agreed parent (in writing, almost always) or a court order; failure to have one or the other could be used against you in any action regarding custody.  For further information, look here.