Question asked on Dec. 16, 2020

Q: My husband and I have split and he told me to not divorce him because he’ll be back in two years, however I want a divorce and I would like alimony form him as he refuses to give me my share of our finances

A: It is not entirely clear what you are asking, but we have posted a flowchart showing the steps to be filed in a divorce case here.  We also have pages describing in detail the process and substance of all the issues that might be faced, such as property division, spousal support/alimony, and everything else.  Sometimes, you only get your lawful share of assets if you insist on it.  I suggest you look around the site, review the posted information, and call if you have any other questions so we can try to answer them.