Question asked on Sep 10, 2014

Q: I have been separated from my husband for over 3 years, because he was deported to Mexico. I have no contact with him or no his whereabouts. he was never a citizen. How do i go about filing for divorce?

A: The same way anyone else does; it would be simplest if you could track him down and get him to sign an acceptance of service.  If not, a process server will attempt a skip trace and service (this will take some time across national borders); if all that fails, you can serve by publication.  One way or the other, you can accomplish a divorce under these circumstances.

Marshal S. Willick