Question asked on Jul 06th, 2017

Q: My divorce was finalized in almost a year ago. I was ordered to pay the mortgage but the home had to be sold per the decree. My Ex is ignoring all efforts to sign the paperwork to sell the home. What are my options? Can I use the decree to bypass his signature?

A:  Yes, but not directly.  You can file a motion to get the court to sign over the house to you for sale (an “NRCP 70” motion) which then allows you to sell the house without requiring any co-signature.  And ask, in that motion, for reimbursement of whatever fees you incur to get the necessary order.

Marshal S. Willick