Question asked on Jun 16th, 2017

Q: I want to leave my husband, and take my son and go live with my mom in Arizona. I do not work, my husband is the only one working and providing for us. I will not be able to make ends meet in Nevada. Im afraid my husband will accuse me of kidnapping our son if I leave.

 A: You are correct to be concerned, and no, Nevada law requires either consent of the other parent, or permission of court, to relocate with a minor child.  Full details are set out on our Child Custody page.  If you need assistance — and you probably do — you should consult with a family law specialist.


Marshal S. Willick