Question asked on February 26, 2021

Q: I have 3 children and they live with me and the father doesn’t pay child support and he wants to do a parental agreement.

A: Of course, anyone can pay (or receive) child support voluntarily without a court order, but the only way to compel the payment of support from another person is to either proceed through the D.A.’s office, which is free but often very slow and inefficient, or by motion in family court which is faster and can include payment of fees, but might require hiring a lawyer to successfully navigate the system.  You should probably start with reviewing the substantive information regarding child custody and support orders here and here, and then consider consulting with a family law specialist before signing anything or deciding on a course of action.